Terms & Conditions
Registration and Payment
- Submission of an online registration is regarded as a firm booking and acceptance of these terms and conditions, however the booking will not be confirmed until full payment has been received. We can accept payment by credit card for all aspects of the Congress.
- The Early Bird discount applies only to bookings where payment is received before (23:59 30th April). Registrations and payments after this date will be charged at the full conference fee.
- Any delegate wishing to cancel their booking must notify the organisers in writing. Cancellation of registration on or before 15 June 2023 will result in a 50% rebate of registration fee, along with any fees paid for lunches.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made after 15 June 2023. Payments for trips/excursions are non-refundable.
- No refunds will be given in respect of non-attendance.
- In the unlikely event of the Congress being cancelled, the organisers will refund in full all registration fees, but hereby disclaim any further liability.
- If the Congress takes place but you are unable to attend, whether for reasons within or beyond your control, the above conditions in relation to cancellations will apply.
Changes to the Congress and Modification of the Programme
- It may be necessary for reasons beyond the organisers control to change the content and timing of the programme, the speakers, the dates or venue.
- Changes may be introduced to the programme at any time and the Organisers reserve the right to remove papers of contributors who do not complete registration by 23.59 on 31 May 2023.
- We take your privacy seriously. All personal data supplied will be used and stored in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- We will only use the information you supply to contact you with information about and news relating to this Congress. We will not share your details with third parties. However, we may wish to contact you to advertise to you the next Congress.
- You can request to opt out from future mailings at any point.
Publicity, Filming and Photographs
- Please note that photographs will be taken throughout the duration of the Congress and may be used for future marketing purposes. By accepting the terms and conditions you confirm that you are aware that you may be photographed and that these pictures may be used in future Utrecht University marketing and publicity materials.
- Many at the Congress will be actively posting to Social Media sites (e.g. twitter) and you should expect this to happen during your paper, unless you expressly request otherwise. The organiser of each session will contact presenters to discuss this.
- For those using Twitter during the Congress, we suggest the following guidelines:
- Please use the hashtag #ICCS23 to help others find relevant tweets.
- Please try to include the Twitter handle (e.g., @ICCS23) of presenters about whom you are tweeting.
- Before posting any pictures taken during a session, it is good practice to seek the permission of the speaker(s). Be careful that pictures do not present speakers in an unflattering light. A good rule is not to post pictures of others that you would not have posted of yourself.
Copyright and Intellectual Copyright.
- Much of the material presented and distributed during Congress sessions (e.g. handouts, slides, including ideas) will be subject to copyright owned by the presenter. Such material should not be used, distributed, modified or published without full acknowledgement and permission of the owner.
- Views expressed by speakers, sponsors and/or exhibitors are their own.
- We cannot accept liability for any advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker, sponsor and/or exhibitor at the Congress or in any material provided by speakers to delegates.
- Children aged under 16 are welcome at the Congress, provided that they are accompanied by an adult, behave appropriately and remain fully supervised at all times.
- Neither Utrecht University nor the Congress accept any responsibility for childcare or entertainment.
- There is no registration fee for accompanying children, but lunches, travel, accommodation, etc., will incur charges. Please contact us to confirm details concerning child attendance.
- The issued name badge must be worn at all times during Congress events.
- Individuals not seen to be wearing a badge may be challenged, and entry may be refused to those parts of the University where the Congress is being held.
- If a delegate loses, misplaces or forgets their badge, another can be issued.
- The University will do all within its ability to secure visitors and their property. Participants are expected to take all reasonable care. The University accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged property.
- Utrecht University believes a safe social climate is important. Nevertheless, delegates might be approached in a way that is inappropriate to them. For example in the case of intimidation or sexual harassment, discrimination, aggression, violence or bullying. If you think that a certain situation is in violation of our codes of conduct, norms and values or the law, do not keep it to yourself, but speak up, also as a witness. We understand that it takes courage to speak up. We stand for a culture in which students, staff and visitors dare to speak up without fear of being harmed or treated unfairly. If you see something that concerns you, please alert a member of the Congress staff, who will direct you to a university advisor trained for such situations (Du. vertrouwenspersoon). Or, if you would prefer, you may contact the advisor directly (see information via this link).
- We reserve the right at all times to change, amend, add or remove any of the above terms without prior notice If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms & Conditions should be or become invalid, the remaining conditions will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all participants of this event, including speakers, sponsors and exhibitors.
Last updated: 13/03/23 version 1